Do you want new windows to better complement the contemporary architecture in your home? Interested in modernizing your home? Whatever your case, you may be wondering what type of windows you should install.
So what are the best types of windows for modern style homes?
Window Style Tips for Contemporary Homes
What do you think of when you think of a modern house? What characteristics come to mind? Most modern style homes have large (often floor-to-ceiling) windows. For your home, don’t only consider big windows with expansive views, but also think energy efficiency. Green building is a major trend in modern building.
What style should you use? We recommend:
- Picture windows, which offer wide, unobstructed views and are energy-efficient since they are inoperable.
- Casement and awning, which tend to be more energy-efficient due to the tight seal created between the sash and the frame.
- Slider windows, which offer wide, unobstructed views.
Whichever style you choose, keep in mind open views and energy efficiency. This means:
- No muntins or decorative mullions
- Two or three panes
- Energy-efficient glass (low-E is an option for many modern windows)
- Energy-efficient material like vinyl
Window Installation in the Indianapolis Area
Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie offers top-quality vinyl windows that are ENERGY STAR® qualified in different styles, including slider, casement and awning. No matter the size or shape of your contemporary style home, you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in our selection.
Contact us today to learn more about our window replacement services or if you’re ready to install new windows for your modern home!