What are your 2015 goals for your home? Any New Year’s resolutions involving home improvement and remodeling? The windows can be a great place to start. On the fence about whether to replace your old windows? Keep reading to learn the value new windows can offer!
According to Remodeling magazine’s 2014 Cost vs. Value Report, a vinyl window installation job that costs $10,049 has a resale value of $7,325 in the region including Indianapolis. That’s 73% of the cost recouped! This is especially helpful if you’re planning to move in the near future.
Other Benefits of Window Replacement
In addition to helping improve the resale value of your home, new windows can help:
- Enhance the exterior of your home and boost curb appeal (also beneficial for those moving)
- Increase your home’s energy efficiency
- Improve the comfort of your home
- Increase the security of your home
- Reduce outside noises
Replacing your windows can be necessary in certain situations, such as if your current ones:
- Are difficult to open or close
- Have a deteriorating sash or other part
- Have excessively rusty or broken parts (springs, locks, etc.)
- Are drafty
- Allow to water leak in (when it rains, is the sill or floor under the window wet?)
Window Installers Serving the Indianapolis Area
If you need replacement window installers in central Indiana, call Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie. We offer high-quality vinyl windows in a variety of styles—casement, double-hung, bay and more—to complement any home. Contact us today to learn more!