The new year has just started—so you have no excuses to slack on your home improvement to-dos! Have you been meaning to replace your old front door but keep finding ways to put it off? Now is the time to install a new one.
But perhaps you’re on the fence about it, wondering if it’s worth it. Front entry door replacement can be extremely valuable. Keep reading to learn more!
According to Remodeling magazine’s 2014 Cost vs. Value Report, in the region including Indianapolis, a steel front door replacement job that costs $1,167 has a resale value of $963. That’s 83% of the cost recouped! A fiberglass front door replacement job that costs $2,828 has a resale value of $1,888. That’s 67% of the cost recouped.
Other Benefits of Front Door Replacement
A beautiful new front door can help:
- Enhance the exterior of your home and improve curb appeal and resale value (beneficial for those moving)
- Increase your home’s energy efficiency (doors manufactured today are more energy-efficient than doors made even a decade ago)
- Increase the safety and security of your home
A new front door can be necessary in certain situations, such as if your current door:
- Is difficult to close all the way
- Has an unreliable lock
- Allows water to leak in the bottom (when it rains, does the flooring near the door get wet?)
- Has a buildup of rust or mold
All of these indicate problems that require repair at the very least—possibly full replacement. It’s best to talk to professionals, but as a general rule of thumb, if something doesn’t look or sound normal, it probably isn’t.
Front Door Installers Serving Indianapolis
If you need front door installers in central Indiana, make Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie your first call. We offer a high-quality steel and fiberglass front doors from leading manufacturers in the industry. Contact us today to learn more!