Do you need a new garage door for your home? Need a new door for your commercial building? When you’re getting ready to make a purchase, there are certain factors to consider—but it’s different depending on your circumstances. Choosing a residential garage door isn’t the same as choosing a commercial one.
Residential vs. Commercial Garage Doors: Choosing a Model
Different factors are important in homes than commercial buildings, so choosing a door for one won’t be the same as choosing one for the other.
When you’re buying a new garage door for your home, the most important factors you’ll be considering are:
- Aesthetics: Garage doors can enhance the exterior of your house and improve curb appeal, and you want to make sure your new door complements your home’s overall style. You also have a variety of options for colors, windows, glass and decorative hardware (hinges, handles, etc.).
- Material: The material of the garage door affects the aesthetics—you should consider the different materials for different affects. For instance, Overhead Door’s aluminum garage doors are modern looking while our ornate wood carriage house style doors can complement older or period style homes.
- Maintenance: Some homeowners value minimal maintenance, and we offer doors that have low-maintenance surfaces. If you want a door that doesn’t require much upkeep, you may want to consider something other than wood.
- Noise: Especially true for those with garages adjacent to living areas, quiet operation is highly valued by homeowners. We can help you pick out a garage door opener that operates at a quieter level.
Choosing a garage door for a commercial building is a bit different. The aesthetics aren’t as important. Instead, you should focus on:
- Energy efficiency: Energy-efficient garage doors can help keep energy and overhead costs down. Many of our doors have insulation with high R-values—our Thermacore® garage doors are extremely energy-efficient.
- Protection: For certain types of buildings (storage facilities, auto shops, etc.), it’s important to have a garage door that protects against the elements so the integrity of your clients’ valuables aren’t compromised. Most of our commercial doors have features like a bottom weatherseal, thermal seals, etc.
- Size: Many commercial buildings require doors that accommodate wide loads. You may need a garage door that fits large openings of up to 40 feet wide. We offer doors that accommodate many large openings.
Garage Door Installation in Indianapolis
Whether you need a garage door for your home or commercial building in central Indiana, Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie can help. We offer a wide range of doors suitable for both residential and commercial use, in all types of materials:
If you looking for a new garage door, you can count on our team—whatever your needs. Contact us to learn more about our services or if you’re ready to buy and install a new door!