A combination of factors affect your home’s curb appeal, not the least of which is the garage door color and style. Depending on your home’s layout, the garage door could easily be one of your home’s most visible features from the curb. The color you choose plays a major role in your home’s exterior aesthetic. Here’s a look at some of your garage door color options and how to choose between them.
Popular Garage Door Color Options
The most popular colors for garage doors are fairly neutral. Depending on the collection you choose, your color options could include the following:
- Dark brown
- Light brown
- Dark green
- And more
How to Pick the Right Color
While the final color you choose comes down to personal preference, these tips can help you narrow down the selection:
- Brighten your home. Choose a white garage door if the rest of your home is brick or a neutral color, such as gray or beige. In this instance, the white door gives your home a clean, bright appearance.
- Match striking elements. Choose a color to match your front door, window trim or shutters. By matching other elements of your home’s exterior, the garage door looks more like it belongs.
- Create contrast. If your home is white, it’s often aesthetically pleasing to contrast this light color with something darker. On the other hand, if your home is painted a dark shade, a lighter garage door could make for an appealing contrast.
- Blend in. If you don’t want to draw attention to the garage door, help it blend in by choosing a door in the same color as the siding.
- Consider material. Your main focus right now might be the color, but don’t forget to consider the garage door material. For example, natural wood garage doors for traditional homes may require stain, not paint. And aluminum garage doors for contemporary homes have a sleek, metallic look.
With so many garage door color options and materials to choose from, it’s clear you can let your personality shine through with the selection you make. For more help choosing the perfect garage door color for your home, contact Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie today. We have a wide selection of colors, styles and materials to choose from!