When you’re buying a new garage door, it’s easy to get caught up in the style, decorative hardware and all the aesthetic features. But don’t forget about the safety and security of the door!
Your garage door helps protect your home and belongings from inclement weather and burglary. Do you feel like yours could be more secure? If you want a newer, more secure garage door, there are plenty of safety features in Overhead Door products—and also many additional security options you can consider!
Garage Door Safety & Security Features
Overhead Door garage doors and openers come with many safety features, including:
- Pinch-resistant panels
- Safe-T Beam System® – can stop and reverse a closing door when necessary to prevent accidents)
- Latest CodeDodger® technology – can prevent piracy of the radio signal that opens the garage door
- Lighting system – featured in all openers and activates when you open the garage door and switches off after a set time (some openers include motion detection lighting)
There are additional security features you can choose:
- Door Report™ remote – opener remote control that makes a warning sound and flashes a red light when you forget to close the garage door or the door doesn’t close properly
- Battery Back-up – can run up to 50 cycles in 24 hours after initial power outage (learn more)
If you live in central Indiana, Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie is the local garage door company to call! We have been serving the area for nearly 90 years and have experience with garage door repair and garage door replacement—we even offer emergency 24-hour garage door service.
Get in touch with us today by filling out a short contact form or calling us at 317-489-0825 for our Indianapolis location and 765-215-2932 for our Muncie location!