Need to replace your old, drafty windows but trying to decide which style of windows you want? Many homeowners choose bay windows. Typically comprising fixed-pane (picture) windows, flanked by two smaller windows, projecting outwards from a home’s exterior, bay windows are unique and provide beautiful, wide views.
In fact, sometimes bay windows are installed solely for aesthetic purposes! Know you want to buy new bay windows but wondering where the best places are to put them?
Bay Window Ideas & Best Locations
Bay windows are large, with expansive views, so installing them somewhere like a hallway doesn’t make as much sense. Consider adding a bay window to your:
- Kitchen: Installing a bay window in the kitchen helps brighten the space and gives it beautiful character. The interior recess created by a bay window makes for a cheerful, cozy breakfast nook!
- Dining room or eating area: If you use your kitchen just for cooking, or if it’s a small space where there isn’t room for a table, consider adding a bay window to the dining room or wherever you eat.
- Bedroom: If space permits, a bay window in your bedroom can enhance everyday living. Create a window seat perfect for reading, enjoying garden views and more.
- Living room: Oftentimes, bay windows are installed in living rooms at the front of a home. This enhances aesthetics both inside and outside and can help boost your home’s curb appeal.
From cozy window seats to bright breakfast nooks, bay windows offer benefits for your home’s interior and exterior.
Bay Window Installers in Indianapolis
If you’re interested in bay window installation for your home in central Indiana, look to the team at Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie. We install high-quality vinyl bay windows from American Window and Great Lakes Window, which:
- Are energy-efficient
- Provide wide, unobstructed views
- Will last a long time
- Are secure
Contact us to learn more about our window selection or if you’re ready to install new windows!