It is important that your garage door system operates smoothly throughout the year, but it’s just as important to make sure it functions safely. The garage door is one of the heaviest moving objects in your home. To ensure nobody gets hurt while operating your garage doors, follow these safety tips:
- Children should never be allowed to play near the garage doors, especially when the door is open or moving.
- Children should not play with the remote controls for the garage door system. They should be mounted out of reach of small children just to be on the safe side.
- You should never stand or walk under a moving garage door. Never try to enter or exit the garage by trying to run through it while it’s moving up or down.
- Keep an eye on the garage doors while they are moving up and down to be sure they fully close or open without disturbances.
- Keep fingers and hands away from garage doors while they are opening or closing.
- Garage door repairs should be performed by qualified professionals only. Contact Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie if you suspect your garage door system is not working properly.
Schedule Garage Door Repair in Central Indiana
If you’ve already noticed your garage door is not working, Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie can help. We have the experience and expertise to get your garage door system running smoothly again in no time!
Contact us today if you need emergency garage door repair for your home or place of business!