As a huge source of energy loss in your home, the attic is one of the best places to insulate. It can help you save money and keep your home more comfortable all year long. If you need an attic insulation company in the Franklin, Indiana area, the team at Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie can help you.
Contact us online, or keep reading to learn more!
Two types of insulation often installed in the attic are radiant barrier and fiberglass insulation. It varies by climate and individual situations. In regions like ours, it is generally more cost-effective to install a thermal material, such as fiberglass. Your local insulation company will be able to help with this.
Attic Insulation for Your Franklin Home
Installing thermal insulation like fiberglass, rather than a radiant barrier, can be a cost-effective solution in climates like here in the Franklin, Indiana area. Generally, the attic flooring, knee walls, etc. need to be insulated—but talk to insulation professionals about your specific situation.
Attic insulation does more than just help reduce your energy bills. The right amount of insulation installed in your attic can help:
- Make your home more comfortable year round
- Reduce outside noises and noises between different levels inside the house
- Improve the overall efficiency of your air conditioner
- Contribute to a healthier environment (decreased energy consumption reduces carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gas emissions, and certain types of insulation are eco-friendly!)
Do You Need to Install Insulation in Your Attic?
The average homeowner knows next to nothing about insulation—many homeowners don’t even know they need more insulation! Fortunately, there are some signs that indicate you may need more attic insulation:
- Higher than normal energy bills
- Drafty rooms
- Ice dams on the roof (in the winter)
- Snow melting off roof (in the winter)
- AC that is running more than usual (in the summer)
A quick trick: Not sure if you need more attic insulation? Take a peek up into your attic. If the insulation is below or level with the floor joists (the wooden beams you see running across the floor), you probably need to add more insulation.
Attic Insulation Installers Serving Franklin, Indiana
If you need attic insulation contractors in the Franklin area, look no further. The experts at Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie can help. For nearly 90 years, we’ve been providing insulation services and can help you in your energy efficiency efforts!
Contact us today to learn more about our attic insulation services.