Do you need to replace your home’s old, drafty windows? If you live in central Indiana, make Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie your first call. We offer energy-efficient windows with multiple panes.
Contact us to schedule an appointment with us—or keep reading to learn more about our extensive window selection!
Our Energy-Efficient, Double-Paned and Triple-Paned Windows
Windows made today rarely have just a single pane of glass. Double or even triple pane windows dominate the modern market, as they are much more energy-efficient.
Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie offers ENERGY STAR® qualified, vinyl windows from American Window and Great Lakes Window. Depending on the product lines, these windows come with two panes and in a variety of styles, including:
- Single- and double-hung windows
- Casement windows
- Awning windows
- Bay windows and bow windows
- Slider windows
Double Pane and Triple pane Windows by Great Lakes Window
We install double-pane and triple-pane windows from Great Lakes Window, have up to 9x the insulation of single-pane windows. These energy-efficient windows are built to resist heat and cold, offering you four-season comfort.
Advantages of Double Pane Windows
Multiple panes not only offer higher energy efficiency, they also help provide soundproofing and protect your furniture and floors from the sun’s UV rays. In addition to the panes, windows from Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie are energy-efficient in other ways. Factors that affect a window’s energy efficiency include:
- Material: Certain materials have higher thermal efficiency than others. Vinyl windows (which we offer) are very energy-efficient.
- Style: The style of the window can influence its energy efficiency. Due to the tight seal created between the sash and the frame, casement and awning windows tend to be some of the most energy-efficient types of windows. Picture (fixed-pane) windows, which don’t open, are also energy-efficient. We install picture, casement and awning windows.
- Type of glass: Many windows today come with low-E glass—or have it as an option. This type of glass has coatings that help keep heat inside your home during the winter and outside in the summer. Many windows we install have optional low-E and insulated glazing options.
Indianapolis Area Double Pane Window Installers
If you want new windows that better complement your home and help you save on your energy bills, Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie can help. Contact us today to learn more or if you’re ready to install new energy-efficient windows!