Do you need to install new, energy-efficient windows? If you live in central Indiana, make Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie your first call. Contact us to schedule an appointment with us—or keep reading to learn more about our extensive window selection!
Our Vinyl Replacement Window Collection
- Single- and double-hung
- Bay and bow
How does a product get an ENERGY STAR label? ENERGY STAR qualified replacement windows are manufactured by an ENERGY STAR partner, are independently tested and certified by the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) and have NFRC ratings that meet strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE).
Qualified products must be 40 percent more efficient than common building codes and reduce energy bills by at least 15 percent. ENERGY STAR qualification is based on NFRC certified product ratings.
The ratings provide information about the window’s:
- U-factor (measures how well a window prevents heat from escaping a home)
- Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (measures how much heat from the sun is blocked)
- Visible Transmittance (measures how much light comes through a window)
- Air leakage (measures how much outside air comes into a home through a window)
- Condensation resistance (measures how well a window resists the formation of condensation)
Window Energy Efficiency
In addition to being ENERGY STAR specifications, there are other factors that affect the energy efficiency of windows. These include:
- Material: Certain materials have higher thermal efficiency than others. Vinyl windows (which we offer) are very energy-efficient
- Style: The style of the window can influence its energy efficiency. Due to the tight seal created between the sash and the frame, casement and awning windows tend to be some of the most energy-efficient types of windows. Picture (fixed-pane) windows, which don’t open, are also energy-efficient.
- Type of glass: Many windows today come with low-E glass—or have it as an option. This type of glass has coatings that help keep heat inside your home during the winter and outside in the summer.
- And more
Energy-Efficient Replacement Windows in the Indianapolis Area
If you want new windows that better complement your central Indiana home and can help you reduce your energy bills, look to the team at Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie. Contact us today to learn more or if you’re ready to install new energy-efficient windows!