The cold season is well under way—if your windows aren’t in good shape and you aren’t sure if they will be able to handle the rest of the winter, it may be time for replacement. But many homeowners aren’t sure whether to repair or replace their windows.
When it comes to window repair vs. replacement, it’s generally best to talk to a professional company. They’ll be able to assess your windows (and any damage) and determine whether a repair will suffice or if a full replacement is necessary.
Signs to Be Aware of
Talking to window professionals is the best option when you think may need repair or replacement. However, in general, the following are signs that indicate your windows are in bad shape:
- Window that doesn’t fully open or properly close
- Broken or cracked glass pane
- Broken locks, latches or handles
- Mold or moisture on the window sill and/or between the sash and the frame
- Excess condensation on the pane
- Cracked or rotting exterior trim
- Warm or cold spots near the window, inside the house
- More frequent—or increasingly expensive repairs
If your windows are experiencing more than one of these problems, you most likely need to replace them. When you truly need replacement and get a repair instead, hoping to get another few years out of your windows and save some money, this may end up hurting you in the long run!
Window Replacement in Indianapolis
If a repair just won’t cut it and your windows need to be replaced, this may be better in the long run. Although more costly on the front end compared to repair, window replacement offers a number of benefits. New, energy-efficient replacement windows can:
- Provide better energy efficiency
- Improve home comfort year round
- Raise your home’s value and boost curb appeal
- Offer higher security
- Protect against UV rays (depending on the glass)
If you live in central Indiana and need to replace your home’s old, drafty windows, Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie can help. We install high-quality vinyl windows in the area.
Contact us today to learn more about our services or if you’re ready to install new windows!