Are you trying to save on your energy bills this summer (and all year long)? When it comes to increasing energy efforts at home, many people think of things like programmable thermostats, air sealing and attic insulation.
But did you know your garage door can be insulated as well? In our experience, garage door insulation is a great way to help maximize the energy efficiency of your home. Contact us if you’re ready to install an insulated garage door in the central Indiana area—or keep reading to learn more about the insulation in garage doors.
Insulation for a Garage Door
Typically, a form of foam insulation is used in garage doors. Overhead Door’s steel and wood garage doors have:
- Polyurethane insulation: This is one of the most common types of spray foam insulation and has been used for decades. Spray foam insulation is effective at helping prevent air infiltration.
- Polystyrene insulation: A type of rigid foam insulation, polystyrene insulation has long been used in both the residential and commercial industry.
Our insulated garage doors are not only energy-efficient but can help better protect the interior of your garage and keep your home more comfortable all year long. They also tend to operate more quietly.
Insulated Garage Doors for Your Indianapolis Area Home
Overhead Door has a number of garage door lines with insulation, including:
- Thermacore® (steel)
- Courtyard Collection® (steel)
- Carriage House (steel)
- Impression Collection® (fiberglass)
- Durafirm Collection® (vinyl)
- Traditional Wood (wood)
- Signature® Carriage (wood)
- Traditional Steel (steel)
These doors have different R-values (measurements of the insulation material’s resistance to heat flow), ranging from 4.75 to 17.5.
Whether you need to replace your old, drafty garage door or are remodeling the exterior of your central Indiana home and want to save energy, an insulated door from Overhead Door can be the solution you’re looking for. If you live in central Indiana, contact Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie!