What shape is your front door in? Is it damaged by winter weather? If you live in central Indiana and have a damaged front door, get in touch with the team at Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie for replacement—or continue reading to learn more about damage homeowners often see and helpful tips for helping prevent it!
Common Front Door Damage
Common damage to front doors include:
- Drafts: A drafty door can lead to higher energy bills and an uncomfortable home interior. It can also sometimes result in leaks. Weatherstripping is one solution—an even better solution is installing a storm door.
- Sagging: A door can sometimes sag under its own weight and bind in the doorframe. If the situation isn’t fixed, it will worsen over time until it’s virtually impossible to open or close the door.
- Squeaking: A door that squeaks when it opens and closes can be a sign of loose or faulty hardware like hinges. While frustrating, it’s generally not a significant problem!
- Sticking: If your front door is sticking, it may mean it’s not quite the right size. It could also be caused by changes in temperature and humidity, which can lead to swelling, and, subsequently, sticking.
- Rotting: This is especially common in wood front doors. Rot damage can be found at the bottom of the door (rain water usually runs under the bottom edge and may not fully drain, causing a moist environment).
What Can You Do?
A damaged door should be taken care of right away because it can affect not only the aesthetic of your home but also overall energy efficiency and comfort levels. While some damage—like that caused by inclement weather—can be difficult to prevent, there are some things you can do to help prevent or fix damage:
- Install a storm door (not only can this help prevent drafts, but if you enjoy the breeze on warm days, it also allows for this without letting in bugs)
- Apply weatherstripping
- Lubricate the hinges
- Replace your front door
Door Replacement in the Indianapolis Area
No matter what type of door damage you’re experiencing, let Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie help. We can take care of all your replacement needs—our fiberglass and steel front door selection from top manufacturers is sure to have what you’re looking for.
Contact us to learn more about our door services and how we can help you!