Are your home’s windows experiencing problems? Windows can last a long time, but just like everything else, they won’t last forever. And when they are experiencing issues, they could be potentially costing you money and compromising your home’s energy efficiency and comfort.
If you are having trouble with your windows and want to talk to Indianapolis area professionals about replacement, contact us—or keep reading to learn more about common problems with house windows and what they can mean.
Common Window Problems
There are a number of problems that windows can experience in their lifetime:
- Condensation: A little condensation is normal in certain situations and weather conditions, but excess condensation could indicate a problem and lead to mold growth and window sill deterioration. Too much condensation (or mold) can indicate inadequate insulation or broken seals.
- Sash deterioration: A sash that is corroding can be a sign of wood rot or mold growth, or that the seals are broken down. Modern windows are very durable, but this can still happen, especially if you have single paned windows or high levels of humidity inside your home.
- Faulty operation: Is your window having trouble opening or closing? This could just mean rusty hardware, but a full replacement may be necessary. If the window doesn’t work, it’s possible that the spring (or other hardware) is broken or that the sash or frame has warped or is deteriorating.
- Inadequate insulation: If your windows have air leaks or aren’t properly insulated, you may be feeling drafts inside your home. While air sealing is a good solution, energy-efficient replacement windows can be beneficial and help you save on your utility bills.
Do You Need to Replace Your Windows?
Do you need replacement windows? Although the upfront cost is higher than a repair, full replacement can help you save money in the long run. New windows can also:
- Make your home more energy-efficient–helping you save money
- Make your home more comfortable year round
- Help ensure that your home is more safe and secure
- Reduce noises from the street
- Increase the market value of your home
- Enhance the exterior of your home and improve curb appeal
Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie provides window replacement services throughout central Indiana—we install high-quality vinyl windows. Contact us to learn more about our services or if you’re ready for new, energy-efficient replacement windows—fill out the form on the right or call us today (317-489-0825 for our Indianapolis location and 765-215-2932 for our Muncie location)!