You probably have a basic idea of what areas in your home have insulation—the attic, the basement, etc. But did you know the garage door can also be insulated? That’s right—garage doors are available with varying degrees of insulation to match every need.
The amount of insulation required for your garage door depends on where you live. It’s best to keep garage temperatures as comfortable as possible, especially in cold temperatures and if there is a bedroom above or adjacent to the garage. But for specifics, it’s best to talk to a local garage door company, who will be able to explain the R-value (which measures how effective the insulation is) and help you pick out the garage door with the right amount of insulation.
Benefits of Garage Door Insulation
There are a number of benefits insulated garage doors offer. They not only keep your garage temperature more comfortable, but also:
- Help you save money
- Make your home more comfortable year round
- Are generally quieter in operation
- Tend to have a more attractive interior
- Help you stay green
- Better protect the contents inside your garage from extreme temperatures
Lowering your energy bills is one of the most significant benefits of garage door insulation, and many people choose insulated garage doors for this reason alone. Garage door insulation helps keep cold air out in the winter and in during the summer, which helps reduce your energy bills.
Insulated Garage Doors in Indianapolis
If you live in the Indianapolis, Indiana area and are interested in installing an insulated garage door for your home or place of business, we can help. Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie offers Thermacore® garage doors. They have high levels of insulation with an R-value of up to 17.5. They also:
- Have a bulb-type weatherseal that guards against wind, rain and other inclement weather
- Have two layers of rust- and corrosion-resistant steel that sandwiches the polyurethane insulation
- Come with thermal seals that provide superior resistance to the elements, with a high air infiltration rating of .08 cfm (cubic feet per minute)
- Are available with a durable galvanized steel finish that has two coats of baked-on polyester paint
- Have an embossed wood-grain texture
Whether you want an insulated garage door for your home to gain energy savings or you’re interested in an insulated garage door for your storage facility to better protect your clients’ valuables, a Thermacore® garage door will give you years of reliable operation.
Check out the video below to learn more about the benefits of garage door insulation—and contact Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie today if you’re ready to install a new garage door!