You probably don’t give much thought to your basement if it’s unfinished, but if it doesn’t have enough insulation, it could be costing you a lot of money! A properly insulated basement can save you a lot of money every year.
Do you need to insulate your basement? If you live in the Fishers, Indiana area, look to the team at Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie. Keep reading to learn more!
First things first—how can you tell if you even need more basement insulation? Talking to a professional insulation company, of course, is your best bet. However, there are some signs you can look out for on your own:
- Energy bills that have been higher than normal
- Drastically different temperatures in your home
- Basement that is excessively cold in the winter and excessively warm in the summer
The best practices for insulating basements are installing insulation in both the interior and exterior walls, as well as carefully insulating around wiring, ductwork, and plumbing. If your Fishers home has a crawl space, it should be insulated as well.
Benefits of Basement Insulation
Insulating basement walls doesn’t offer any soundproofing benefits, but it can help you save money on your heating and cooling costs. On the other hand, insulating the basement ceiling can help with sound control. This is especially beneficial if someone uses the basement as a bedroom.
Basement insulation can also help:
- Make your home more comfortable year round
- Help reduce or eliminate moisture infiltration
- Help protect against wood rot, mold growth and other damage
- Protect your home’s foundation against the negative effects of the freeze-thaw cycle during extreme weather conditions
- Contribute to a healthier environment (decreased energy consumption leads to fewer greenhouse gas emissions)
Our experienced basement insulators will help you maximize your energy savings and comfort. Whether we use fiberglass, cellulose or spray foam insulation (or a combination), we’ll install it correctly, safely and in a timely manner.
Basement Insulation Contractors Serving Fishers, Indiana
Need to re-insulate the basement of your home in the Fishers area? We have the experience and expertise required. If you have more questions about insulating basements and what it entails, we are happy to help.
Let us help you start saving money—we’re just a call or click away!