As a significant source of energy loss in your home, the attic is one of the best places to insulate. It can save you a lot of money every year and keep your home more comfortable year round. If you need attic insulation contractors serving Avon, Indiana, contact Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie, or keep reading to learn more!
Contact us online, or keep reading to learn more!
Two types of insulation often installed in the attic are radiant barrier and fiberglass insulation. It varies by climate and individual situations. In regions like ours, it is generally more cost-effective to install a thermal material, such as fiberglass. Your local insulation company will be able to help with this.
Attic Insulation Installation in the Avon Area
Installing thermal insulation like fiberglass, rather than a radiant barrier, can be a cost-effective solution in climates like here in the Avon, Indiana area. Generally, the attic flooring, knee walls, etc. need to be insulated—but talk to insulation professionals about your specific situation.
Attic insulation does more than just lower your energy bills. The right amount of insulation installed in your attic can:
- Make your home more comfortable year round
- Reduce outside noises and noises between different levels inside the house
- Improve the overall efficiency of your air conditioner
- Raise the market value of your home
- Promote a healthier environment (decreased energy consumption reduces carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gas emissions, and certain types of insulation are eco-friendly!)
Do You Need More Attic Insulation?
The average homeowner knows next to nothing about insulation—many homeowners don’t even know they need more insulation! Fortunately, there are some signs that indicate you may need more attic insulation:
- Higher than normal energy bills
- Drafty rooms
- Ice dams on the roof (in the winter)
- Snow melting off roof (in the winter)
- AC that is running more than usual (in the summer)
A quick trick: Not sure if you need more attic insulation? Take a peek up into your attic. If the insulation is below or level with the floor joists (the wooden beams you see running across the floor), you probably need to add more insulation.
Attic Insulation Contractors Serving Avon, Indiana
If you need attic insulation contractors in the Avon area, look no further. The experts at Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie can help. For nearly 90 years, we’ve been providing insulation services and can help you in your energy efficiency efforts!
Contact us today to learn more about attic insulation.