Air Sealing & Weatherization Services in Central Indiana
Do you need to seal air leaks in your home? In addition to insulation, air sealing and weatherization services are essential for helping maximize the energy efficiency and comfort of homes. If you’re looking for professional air sealing services in the Indianapolis area, Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie can help.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment—or keep reading to learn more about air sealing and weatherization.
About Air Sealing
Air sealing entails closing up leaks in houses to keep warm or cool air from escaping to the outside. A home’s envelope (exterior)—including the walls, roofing, foundation, windows and doors—has many small cracks and crevices through which air leaks out.
Too many air leaks left unsealed can:
- Make your home drafty and uncomfortable
- Cause your energy bills to significantly increase
- Lead to moisture infiltration and mold growth
- Result in window problems (such as sill deterioration)
Two common air sealing methods are caulking and weatherstripping. Caulking is typically used for cracks and crevices between stationary house parts, while weatherstripping is used for moving components, like windows and doors.
Where Does Air Leak Out?
Air leaks commonly occur in the following areas:
- Windows and doors
- Place where siding and chimney meets
- Electrical outlets
- Fireplace dampers
- Place where dryer vents enter the wall
- And more
What Are the Benefits of Air Sealing?
Air sealing your home is beneficial in a number of ways. It can help:
- Reduce your energy bills: If leaks are sealed up (and your home is properly insulated), your HVAC systems won’t have to work as hard, which can help lower your monthly utility bills and extend the lifespan of your heating and cooling systems.
- Increase year-round home comfort: Air leaks can cause a lot of drafts in your home, so sealing can eliminate them and help increase overall comfort levels (as well as reduce outside noises).
- Improve indoor air quality: If your home’s envelope isn’t properly sealed, there’s a higher risk of air pollutants, pollen, dust, etc. leaking in and decreasing the indoor air quality. This can have negative effects on your health and everyday comfort.
- Eliminate home problems: Sealing air leaks can help prevent problems in your home, such as moisture infiltration, mold growth, insulation damage, etc.—which is good for the durability of your home.
Air Sealing & Insulation Services in the Indianapolis Area
In addition to air sealing, the team at Overhead Door Co. of Indianapolis & Muncie installs home insulation—fiberglass and spray foam. Our weatherization services help improve the year-round energy efficiency and comfort of homes throughout central Indiana.
Contact us to learn more about our services or if you’re ready for an initial consultation!